... works with celery, toasted bread, Triscuits, sturdy chips and even sandwiches.
* 4 OZ Philadelphia Cream Cheese (softened to room temp)
* 3/4 cup Duke's mayo (Hellman's if you live up North)
* 1/4 cup roasted red peppers, diced
* 1/2 tsp salt
* 1/2 tsp black pepper
* 2 tsp preferred hot sauce
* 2 lbs mixed good-quality white and orange extra- sharp cheddar, shredded
* 2 cooked strips of cheap fatty bacon, chopped fine
Break down the cream cheese with the back of a wooden spoon and combine with the mayonnaise, stirring well so there are no lumps. Add remaining ingredients | except for the cheddar | stir to combine. Add cheddar in handfuls, using the wooden spoon or a wooden spatula to mash and stir.
Once the cheese starts to blend and have some flow, start folding it over and under. You are going for "smooth" here. The mixture should be thick and lumpy. Chill for 30 minutes before serving. Makes 8 small cups and goes FAST.